Top Foundation Funders
- Ford Foundation $126.6 M
- The California Endowment $124.0 M
- The Atlantic Philanthropies $112.9 M
- Foundation For The Carolinas $72.5 M
- The Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation $70.3 M
- W. K. Kellogg Foundation $60.1 M
- Open Society Foundations $49.3 M
- NoVo Foundation $44.6 M
- The JPB Foundation $31.4 M
- The Oak Foundation $25.4 M
- NEO Philanthropy $23.5 M
- The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation $21.9 M
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation $21.2 M
- The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation $20.7 M
- Public Welfare Foundation $17.5 M
- Carnegie Corporation of New York $15.1 M
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation $14.1 M
- Vanguard Charitable Endowment Program $14.0 M
- Evelyn and Walter Haas, Jr. Fund $11.7 M
- The James Irvine Foundation $11.0 M
- The David and Lucile Packard Foundation $10.5 M
- Silicon Valley Community Foundation $10.5 M
- The Wal-Mart Foundation $10.4 M
- Marguerite Casey Foundation $10.1 M
- Arcus Foundation $9.4 M
- M = Millions
Foundation Funding by Issue
Issue totals include foundation funding that could be identified as meant to address a specific issue. In order to provide unique totals and avoid double-counting, each foundation grant has been assigned to exactly one issue category within the human rights taxonomy.
Foundation Funding by Population
Population totals include foundation funding that could be identified as meant to benefit a specific group. Grants may serve multiple populations and would therefore be counted in more than one category.
Foundation Funding by Strategy
Strategy totals include foundation funding that could be identified as supporting a specific strategy. Grants may employ multiple strategies and would therefore be counted in more than one category.
Omidyar Network Fund
Sunlight Foundation (United States)
For its work to make government transparent and accountable through data, tools, policy and journalism.
The California Endowment
PolicyLink (United States)
For advocacy, coalition-building, and technical assistance to advance policies that create healthy neighborhood environments and improve the health of boys and men of color in California.