Top Foundation Funders
- Ford Foundation $150.9 M
- Open Society Foundations $102.0 M
- The Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation $74.6 M
- Vanguard Charitable Endowment Program $49.2 M
- The Atlantic Philanthropies $49.1 M
- National Endowment for Democracy $44.2 M
- W. K. Kellogg Foundation $32.2 M
- The California Endowment $26.1 M
- Public Welfare Foundation $18.5 M
- NEO Philanthropy $17.9 M
- The JPB Foundation $15.9 M
- Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation $13.6 M
- The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation $12.7 M
- The Oak Foundation $12.0 M
- NoVo Foundation $11.8 M
- Marguerite Casey Foundation $11.7 M
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation $11.2 M
- Evelyn and Walter Haas, Jr. Fund $10.7 M
- Freedom House $10.2 M
- Carnegie Corporation of New York $9.6 M
- Nationale Postcode Loterij $9.6 M
- Proteus Fund $9.4 M
- The James Irvine Foundation $8.8 M
- Foundation For The Carolinas $8.0 M
- Unitarian Universalist Veatch Program at Shelter Rock $7.8 M
- M = Millions
Foundation Funding by Issue
Issue totals include foundation funding that could be identified as meant to address a specific issue. In order to provide unique totals and avoid double-counting, each foundation grant has been assigned to exactly one issue category within the human rights taxonomy.
Foundation Funding by Population
Population totals include foundation funding that could be identified as meant to benefit a specific group. Grants may serve multiple populations and would therefore be counted in more than one category.
Foundation Funding by Strategy
Strategy totals include foundation funding that could be identified as supporting a specific strategy. Grants may employ multiple strategies and would therefore be counted in more than one category.
Omidyar Network Fund
Sunlight Foundation (United States)
For its work to make government transparent and accountable through data, tools, policy and journalism.
The California Endowment
PolicyLink (United States)
For advocacy, coalition-building, and technical assistance to advance policies that create healthy neighborhood environments and improve the health of boys and men of color in California.