Top Foundation Funders
- Ford Foundation $107.2 M
- The Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation $81.9 M
- W. K. Kellogg Foundation $47.0 M
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation $45.8 M
- NoVo Foundation $42.0 M
- Tides Foundation $40.1 M
- John S. and James L. Knight Foundation $31.7 M
- Foundation For The Carolinas $29.5 M
- The California Endowment $21.1 M
- NEO Philanthropy $19.5 M
- Silicon Valley Community Foundation $18.0 M
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation $17.4 M
- Public Welfare Foundation $16.8 M
- Foundation to Promote Open Society $16.2 M
- The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation $16.1 M
- GE Foundation $15.3 M
- Carnegie Corporation of New York $14.7 M
- The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation $13.0 M
- The Annie E. Casey Foundation $12.5 M
- Vanguard Charitable Endowment Program $11.7 M
- The James Irvine Foundation $11.5 M
- Arcus Foundation $11.4 M
- Oak Foundation $10.8 M
- Unitarian Universalist Veatch Program at Shelter Rock $10.6 M
- The Pershing Square Foundation $10.0 M
- M = Millions
Foundation Funding by Issue
Issue totals include foundation funding that could be identified as meant to address a specific issue. In order to provide unique totals and avoid double-counting, each foundation grant has been assigned to exactly one issue category within the human rights taxonomy.
Foundation Funding by Population
Population totals include foundation funding that could be identified as meant to benefit a specific group. Grants may serve multiple populations and would therefore be counted in more than one category.
Foundation Funding by Strategy
Strategy totals include foundation funding that could be identified as supporting a specific strategy. Grants may employ multiple strategies and would therefore be counted in more than one category.
University of New Mexico (United States)
To expand its programming to improve community healthcare outcomes by using a delivery model that increases access to high-quality care in medically underserved areas.
The Atlantic Philanthropies
Equal Justice USA (United States)
To strengthen death penalty repeal and reform campaigns by providing strategic assistance in policy, organizing, and communications work.