Top Foundation Funders
- Nationale Postcode Loterij $91.0 M
- The Atlantic Philanthropies $72.9 M
- Esmée Fairbairn Foundation $26.4 M
- Comic Relief $23.1 M
- EEA and Norway Grants $19.7 M
- Fundación ONCE $12.4 M
- The Oak Foundation $12.3 M
- Trust for London $10.3 M
- The City Bridge Trust $7.1 M
- Open Society Institute Budapest Foundation $5.4 M
- Open Society Foundations $5.0 M
- Wikimedia Foundation $4.7 M
- Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust $4.7 M
- Bodossaki Foundation $4.5 M
- The Sigrid Rausing Trust $4.2 M
- Foundation Open Society Institute - Switzerland $4.2 M
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation $3.5 M
- Unbound Philanthropy $3.2 M
- The Barrow Cadbury Trust $2.7 M
- Nuffield Foundation $2.7 M
- The Legal Education Foundation $1.9 M
- Freedom House $1.7 M
- National Endowment for Democracy $1.4 M
- Stop AIDS Now $1.3 M
- Hivos $1.1 M
- M = Millions
Foundation Funding by Issue
Issue totals include foundation funding that could be identified as meant to address a specific issue. In order to provide unique totals and avoid double-counting, each foundation grant has been assigned to exactly one issue category within the human rights taxonomy.
Foundation Funding by Population
Population totals include foundation funding that could be identified as meant to benefit a specific group. Grants may serve multiple populations and would therefore be counted in more than one category.
Foundation Funding by Strategy
Strategy totals include foundation funding that could be identified as supporting a specific strategy. Grants may employ multiple strategies and would therefore be counted in more than one category.
Comic Relief UK
Spirit Advocacy (United Kingdom)
To empower older people with mental health problems across the Highlands of Scotland to reduce stigma and discrimination and to influence policy and improve services.
Norwegian Helsinki Committee (Norway)
To gather, systematize, analyze and make accessible materials documenting gross human rights violations in the North Caucasus.